PDA

View Full Version : Skytracer2 rla baked image not showing on final render

iaef
10-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I have a problem... I rendered with Skytracer2 an RLA image for spherical mapping on 512 size.
I made then a 5Mm (radius) sphere in tesseletaion level 4, flipped polygons and mapped on color channel this same image. Spherical mapping, Y axis, autosizing. It shows on OpenGL in modeler, but when I send it over layout, the texture won't show on OpenGL and a test render just shows a gray sphere.

What could be happening? I am using LW8.3 (I hae installed 8.5 at home, but haven't tested it yet).

Hoopti
10-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Give it some luminance, otherwise, it's not showing because you're not hitting it with any lights, so just make it self luminant and it should show.

Hoop

iaef
11-05-2005, 07:15 AM
No, it doesn't seem to be that, because the sphere is lighted. It would have showed as a black object, but it shows shading. Anyhow, I tried to put limunance into 100% and still got gray.

MonroePoteet
11-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Make sure Mipmap Quality is "Off" on the image in the Image Editor or Surface Editor. Otherwise, at that distance, I'd guess the pixels are just run together giving gray.

mTp

toby
11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
If the rla has an alpha channel, try disabling it. If that's not it, try re-scanning the .rla i/o plugin. Any particular reason you're using that format for a texture?

iaef
11-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I am trying to use RLA because of the HDRI data I want in it, but any other suggestion of format could be welcomed.

I will try your suggestions, although the mipmap thing kept me thinking... why isn't the texture showing on OpenGL on Layout...

toby
11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
hm, the RLA worked for me - how about trying an hdr image? We do it all the time at work.

iaef
11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok! Been busy on other things... so I left this to the final render preparation time... and now i am just there. I will remake the scene and let you know. Thank you very much. :)