PDA

View Full Version : Nothing but problems. Come on newtek you can do better.

n0s4ra2
10-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Ok I have been in the hospital sense august 25th. So when released. I sat down and built myself a nice new pc win 64. I rush and open my lightwave 64 upgrade cd and guess what it is one of the ones that donít recognize that I am running win 64. So I download the 64 bit install. (Please tell me why I paid for the cd if it doesnít work?) Well I get it working to find out that most plug-ins donít work with 64 so I also install the 32 bit version.

So now I go to install my copy of vue .and guess what it wonít take my serial number. I found the post referring to this. But again I have been away for a long time.

Please some one from newtech contact me so we can resolve these issues.
I am not going to place a long-distance call to be charged more to contact tech support, for software that should have worked.

Karmacop
10-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Chuck said they were going to resend the cds, so if they haven't been resent maybe you should contact Chuck about that.

No external plugins will work with LW64 until the plugin developers start compiling with LW64 compatibility. There's nothing Netwek can do about this.

n0s4ra2
10-28-2005, 01:51 AM
I understand but. They could have made the fact that most plugins donít work a little more acknowledged.

Maybe they did and I missed it.

I am just a little let down.

My point is a company as prestigious and makes great software should take the time to test cd before they ship them.

My point of view is like ordering a new car and having it delivered only to be told the keys will be here in a few weeks. Or I have to go track them down.
What was the point of calling the cd a convenience upgrade cd.

Karmacop
10-28-2005, 02:44 AM
I understand. It was their first attempt at 64bit so of course there were going to be problems, but better testing would have fixed this problem. Of course they are paying for it now because they've had to ship 2 lots of cds.

Oh and I forgot to say, hope everything is alright with you as far as the hospital goes. You were in for a long time :(

Chuck
10-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Ok I have been in the hospital sense august 25th. So when released. I sat down and built myself a nice new pc win 64. I rush and open my lightwave 64 upgrade cd and guess what it is one of the ones that donít recognize that I am running win 64. So I download the 64 bit install. (Please tell me why I paid for the cd if it doesnít work?) Well I get it working to find out that most plug-ins donít work with 64 so I also install the 32 bit version.

So now I go to install my copy of vue .and guess what it wonít take my serial number. I found the post referring to this. But again I have been away for a long time.

Please some one from newtech contact me so we can resolve these issues.
I am not going to place a long-distance call to be charged more to contact tech support, for software that should have worked.

The email address [email protected] is available for technical support issues when you do not wish to make a phone call, and [email protected] when you need to contact customer services (though CS also has an 800 number).