PDA

View Full Version : World Series

dgon64
10-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Congrats White Sox on winning the World Series! To all Sox fans wherever you are, a big high-five-we've waited long enough. To Boston, LA and Houston fans -you have great teams, we barely beat you. Our team was hot at the right time and 88 years of untapped karma doesn't hurt either. Our team has finally been forgiven by the baseball gods and the Black Sox Curse has finally been exorcized. So I'll just tip my Guiness to Ozzie and say "Put it on the Board-Si!"

nthused
10-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Yep. Long time coming. Even being from Texas, I was happy for the Sox...Great Series!

Hoopti
10-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Can't believe it was one of the lowest rated (least watched) series in history. Great baseball.

Hoop
(Braves fan, but fan of the game too)

Kurtis
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm just glad baseball is over, so I can start watching House again.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Flame away. :help:

Aegis
10-28-2005, 03:41 PM
No flaming from me - House rules :D

dgon64
10-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Notwithstanding the ratings here in the states it's been curious to see the reaction in other parts of the world especially certain parts of Latin America where this is a big story. This White Sox team with a Venezuelan manager seems to be perceived ( wrong or right ) as the first truly international champion. With a Japanese superstar at second, a couple of Cuban cult heros pitching, another Venezualan pitching, a Dominican at shortstop and Korean ex-superstar as one of the bullpen coaches, a catcher with A Polish surname ( a big source of pride with the local Polish community )-not to mention the racial diversity among the homegrown players-this is truly diverse and inclusive baseball team and community. We welcome all to the family-even Cubs fans. Next year is promised to no one-enjoy today!

hrgiger
10-30-2005, 03:29 PM
What's baseball? And why are they wearing white socks?