PDA

View Full Version : Strobe efect on video

GoceN
05-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Das anobody can tell me how I can ade a strobe efects on video in T2?

SBowie
05-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Some have reported satisfactory results using multiple copies of the Hold Still effect...

GoceN
05-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Steve can you be more specific how I can do that.

RomainR
05-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Take the hold still filter, that is found in the VideoToaster2->effects folders and put it on the timeline below the clip that needs some strobing.

using the edit panel give it a length of 3 frames. Now select it, copy and paste to cover a good 10 seconds. That should be enought to see what it looks like.

If it is satisfactory copy and paste till you get the desired lenght.

If it's not stroby enough or to much then seletc the whole stack of hold still filters and make them a subproject.

Save your timeline cause sometimes the following can cause a crash if not done right. (at least on my computer).

Move the subproject to a space on the timeline that contains nothing. (important)

Now hold the alt button and drag the end of the subproject, outwards for more strobe and inwards for less strobe.

Right click on the subproject and choose expand subproject

select all the filters and place them underneath the clip you want to strobe.

Repeat until you get it how you want it..

hope this helps.

P.S. make yourself a ten seconds worth of hold still filters each 10 frames long and put them in a subproject and then drag the subproject to a bin of your choice. Makes it easier to set up later on with other projects.

GoceN
05-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Thanks RomainR for answer I will try and then put reply for results