PDA

View Full Version : Visibility Problem

dgoldeng
10-27-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm working in Lightwave 8.5 and when I select an object in my Perspective Window by pressing the space bar, my outline in the other three windows disappears.

I'm not able to work in the other three windows because there is no outline, so I cannot see the object in the other views.

At one point, I could see the outline in the other views, but it then just disappeared. Maybe I disabled something, but cannot figure out what happen. Any suggestions?

The object is a box and my platform is a PC.

bluerider
10-27-2005, 08:21 AM
One factor for this may be your graphics :stumped: ?

Do you have a Mac or PC?

toby
10-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Are you talking about Layout or modeler? What do you mean 'select an object by pressing the space bar'? Is that a new feature of 8.5?

Silkrooster
10-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Perhaps what is happening is the box is selected in polygon mode and when pressing the space bar then you are in point mode, so the box does not look selected.
Also if you just created the box, when you press the space bar, the box tool is no longer active, so it won't have the selection lines around the box. Using the space bar after creating a box deselects the box tool so you need to use other tools to modify the box.
I recommend that you read in the manual about the box tool, points mode and polygon mode.
Silk