PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Perspective Textures

Codevyper
10-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok I've hit my next stumbling block... well perhaps not a stumbling block but an anomaly for which there's probably a simple answer.

In modeler 8.5 I draw a 2d box in lower left (back) view. Wireframe shows in all views including perspective view. Texture only shows in front view. In back view and perspective view if I switch to texture view the object cannot be seen. In perspective view if I spin around to the opposite Z axis I see the textured object.

If I expand the object along the z axis to a 3d object I see all surfaces from all angles just fine.

I hit the 'd' button for display settings, in the layout tab 'show surfaces' is checked. In fact all the show anything boxes are checked.

How can I view the textured object from both positive and negative Z axis view?

Thanks

bluworld
10-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Have you tried changing the surface to double sided? Hit F5 to bring up the surface editor, select the surface and select 'double sided'.

Codevyper
10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
See I knew there was a simple solution. That did the trick. Thanks bluworld for helping out this newbie. :D

Jim

DonAVP
10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Without talking down to you. You do realize that poly's only can be seen from one side by default. See what happons when you create a simple box or ball and flip the normals of the polys (f). It looks like the object is inside out. You are looking through the backside of the polys near you and seeing the polys on the farside of the object. Unless of course you make them double or viewable on both sides like 'bluworld' suggested. :thumbsup:

Don