PDA

View Full Version : Can I open a VT4 file in Tricaster?

argo23
10-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I have a VT Edit project that I created on a VT4 and now I'm trying to open it on my Tricaster and it says it's an invalid file type. However it seems they both use the .vtp file extension. There really should be some way to transfer VT edit projects between systems. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!
-Will

argo23
10-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Got this from NewTek--

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello William
If the project has just basic edits it should open just fine however there are some functions in VT-Edit that the TriCaster does not have which may effect the project loading. Best option may be to use the AVI wrapper instead.
Donny Oropeza
Customer Service 1-800-862-7837 Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM Central Time
Tech Support 1-210-341-8444 Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM Central Time
---------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't solve the problem and I don't know what the avi wrapper is, but he did say that it should be possible to move projects!
Spoke to Video Hardware in NH. They told me to install the latest patch for the Tricaster and that should solve the problem. Apartently files could go to a VT4.5 from a Tricaster, but not back again. I updated the Tricaster software and now I can move back and forth seemlessly. Speed changes, mulit layers, control tree audio manipulation - all came across seemlessly. Hope this helps anyone else trying to use both systems.
-Will