PDA

View Full Version : Creating overlays from scratch

kmnetterville
10-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Can this be done. I can only seem to alter a pre-installed one. Am I missing something?? Also. Once I alter a lower third. IS there a way to save it where it shows accurately in the little preview window, where you load overlays. It always show the preinstalled lower third..not the ones I have replaced with my own bugs. Is this something I just have to get use too? So many questions.....so little time!!!

KM Netterville
BCS-tv :D

Paul Lara
10-27-2005, 09:58 AM
You should read the tutorial, "Customizing Templates for your TriCaster" (http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/tutorials/TCTemplates/)

kmnetterville
10-27-2005, 10:37 AM
thanks Paul I forgot all about that tutorial.

PIZAZZ
10-27-2005, 09:37 PM
http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/restaurant/plugins/TemplateMaker/images/GUI.gif

http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/restaurant/plugins/TemplateMaker/index.html

DonN
10-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Can these templates, made with the Title Maker, be added to the list of available templates in Tricaster? If so, this looks like a nice add on or the TC. The overlay implimentation is one of the worst parts of the Tricaster, in my opinion. An easy way to roll your own is much needed.Don

kmnetterville
10-30-2005, 06:51 AM
thanks for the info Jef. I am going to ry it out today.

Kyle M. Netterville
BCS-tv & Mutimedia :D

r3z
11-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Is there a more dumbed down version of this tutorial that us non-graphics guys can follow? I am really wanting to make some custom overlays for our church but I am not a graphics guy and I need to get us a logo with an alpha channel too. If someone could give me something I can follow what kind of files I need to save them as and so on and so forth. I have Photoshop CS.

Thanks

Tarheel Cougar
11-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Is there a more dumbed down version of this tutorial that us non-graphics guys can follow? I am really wanting to make some custom overlays for our church but I am not a graphics guy and I need to get us a logo with an alpha channel too. If someone could give me something I can follow what kind of files I need to save them as and so on and so forth. I have Photoshop CS.

Thanks
The quickest way to do this is to find a simple graphic where you already like the position of the fonts (say the Frosty the Snowman lower third, very simple, generic font).

Copy and rename that template folder to something else.
If you like where the font position on the screen is, then leave the ToasterScript file alone.
Open the Bk.tga file in Photoshop, and edit that file inserting your own logo, change the colors, draw your own boxes, whatever, keeping in mind the position of the text
Then save it as a 32 bit TGA. The mode, image size, and transparency should already be set (It works for me in Photoshop 7).
Resize that same image and save it for the thumbnail.

Thats a very brief summary of how to just change one thats already there, but if you need any clarifications on a specific part I can try to help.

Jared Amos

r3z
11-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks I will try that later.

kmnetterville
11-04-2005, 04:19 PM
well done. Thanks.