PDA

View Full Version : Reloading texture maps in modeller...

blacksmith3D
10-26-2005, 01:43 PM
What is the best way to reload all of the texture maps that may have changed (source files) in Modeller (e.g. if I edited the textures in photoshop). Do I have to save and reload the LWO file, or is there an easier way (besides manually reloading them all)?

Dave

mkiii
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
You need to restart modeler to reload them all at once because even closing an object leaves the images loaded. They don't reload unless you do it manually.

I just open the image editor & hit the Replace button for each one.

Assuming the filenames are still the same, then you just hit return to reload, with the same filename.

evenflcw
10-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Dstorm seems to have made a good effort to remedy this recently.
http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=2200

Haven't had time to try it myself yet tough.

blacksmith3D
11-01-2005, 12:17 PM
I just whipped up some code (plugin) for Lightwave 7.5+ which can automatically reload all of the images in modeller. It currently has the side effect of loosing the custom settings for the image such as Brightness, contrast, etc.

I wrote this as a part of a greater plug-in, but I could always package it up as a plug-in by itself if demand is high enough.

Does anybody want a plug-in that can reload all of the image maps in your object(s)? If so, please respond to this post so I know if it's worth the extra effort.

Dave