PDA

View Full Version : White Border with Hypervoxels

JamesScottG
10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
I wanted to add a stream of oranges to my current project. I created a hypervoxel emitter and added the orange targa to replace the particles. I canít figure out how to get rid of the white ring around the oranges. Iíve tried 16, 24, and 32 bit targas both compressed and uncompressed. What can I do?

MonroePoteet
10-27-2005, 07:01 PM
If you're using the "Clips" functionality for replacing Sprite HV's with an image, there's a selection in the Alpha box called "Embedded". This will respect the alpha mask in the image of your orange.

You might also consider modeling an orange in real geometry, and then using FX_Linker to map them to your particles.

mTp

JamesScottG
10-28-2005, 09:21 AM
I tried embedded and I still get the border.

MonroePoteet
10-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Works fine for me in LW V8.2. The TGA file must include a mask (the alpha channel) surrounding just the orange and excluding the white part. If the image you've got doesn't already include one, you'll need to create one in a paint program like Corel PhotoPaint or Adobe PhotoShop.

If you don't have the ability to put an alpha channel in the image, my experiments seem to show that you can size up the image to eliminate the border by clearing the "Use Color" button in the Clips window and using a Color channel texture with the same image. By increasing the Scaling of the Color channel texture, you can make the image "fill in" the HV. The relationship between the texture size and the particle size is pretty mysterious, but it does seem to work.

Good luck!
mTp

JamesScottG
10-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I didn't have the correct image selected when I switched to embedded. Thanks!

MonroePoteet
10-28-2005, 01:49 PM
You bet. Glad you got it working!

mTp