PDA

View Full Version : Global Apply shader

habaņero
10-26-2005, 11:37 AM
How can I do this?

If I have a shader I want applied to all surfaces, on all layers of all objects? Or a selection of them? Apply to all of them would work, It is often just a few that needs removal and

I noticed there is a plugin that will do it, but only on single layer objects which well don't work very well for me.

I also noticed there is an "open with options" at right click in surface editor. Selecting only shaders in this, I still got all values imorted to all my selected surfaces in surface editor.

I didn't find any shader tab in scene editor surface editor either?

Multiple select in S.e. -> remove shader : good
Multiple select in S.e. -> psate shader : bad

I would think there is the obvious solution, only not to me, today ...

MonroePoteet
10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I've used the Shader panel Edit=>Paste to copy a shader to a bunch of surfaces. By setting Edit as Scene, you get a simple list of surfaces in the left window, so getting a Copy of the desired Shader+parameters in the clipboard, repeating "down-arrow, Edit=Paste" is fairly quick.

Not as nice as a generic shader editor or the "apply all" you suggest, but pretty easy.

mTp

habaņero
10-26-2005, 04:53 PM
That helps already, thanks. But still, there's gotta be a way with this ferchristsakes.

Now it should be a simple matter of adding a string of text from clipboard below every instance of "surface" or what it is in the linked object files. And in 2005 this is the type of work I want the computer to do for me.

I don't understand why the open with parameters don't work? This is a bug?

habaņero
10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Well, whaddyaknow, I sortof solved this in my own wicked manner, selling my soul to the devil I fiddled with the add G2 Lscript, to the extent of replacing the word "G2" with "OGO_Hikari", my subject for this treatment.

I gotta say this fix aint a beuty, loosing the scene I work on, taking half a minute for my scene loading all objects into layout before applying to also the ones not present in the current scene.

Now the only thing I lack is the ability to either send settings to a shader en masse, doing what it would seem "open with parameters" should have.