PDA

View Full Version : Further Further Education Questions

AdamAvenali
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
alright this question comes because i'm nearing the end of my college career soon, and was wondering what steps i should be looking to take once i graduate. i was wondering what others have done? did you take your bachelors and go get a job? did you go back for a masters immediately? did you work for a while and then go back for a masters? if you did go for your masters, where did you go? and what should i be expecting?

thanks,
adam

SplineGod
10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Whats your major?

AdamAvenali
10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
right now i am a dual major in graphic design and computer animation. i would like to try and further my computer animation once i graduate college, but i am not sure if i want to wait and hone my skills or get it all out of the way now. i am specifically interested in modelling, texturing, and lighting, because i use a lot of models and 3d work in my graphic design.

SplineGod
10-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Youre always going to be having to hone your skills. That part never stops :)
You might be able to get the school part out of the way but you should always continue developing your skills and toolset. :)

AdamAvenali
10-27-2005, 02:55 PM
haha i'm very aware of that. i was just like to have a masters for maybe later teaching possibilities and was wondering where was good.

jeremyhardin
10-27-2005, 04:45 PM
it's very difficult to enter the work force and then go back to school, so if you plan on getting the masters, perhaps now is the best time. of course it's all subjective, but that's my $.02. cheers.

AdamAvenali
10-28-2005, 12:31 AM
yeah it is very objective. that's why i'm trying to accumulate as many opinions as possible, because like you said i am in the swing of things so it would be easier to go back to school now, but others say that it is a better experience if you generate more skill before going back. see my dilemma? haha