PDA

View Full Version : Can't Create Box

dgoldeng
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
When I go to the Create Tab and then select Box, the box symbol appears and I am able to define my box outline as well as give it some depth in another window. When I select it in the perspective window, it won't change to a 3 dimentional bo no matter what I attemp to do.

meatycheesyboy
10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow, you say you can pull out depth but it isn't 3d? This doesn't make sense to me.

Follow these steps:

Select the box tool.

Draw a square or rectangle in the front/back view

Pull out depth to the left or right in the left/right view

At this point, you should have a cube with a blue outline around it. The blue outline signifies that you are still in edit mode, press enter to confirm that you want this box. At this point the blue out line should disappear.

Also at this point you should have a 3d box in the perspective view. To rotate it around, hold down alt and drag in the perspective window.

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your problem better, perhaps someone else can be of more assistance.

mattclary
10-26-2005, 11:18 AM
You are just at the wrong angle in the perspective view. Not sure why you would want to use the perspective view to draw the other dimension of the box, but that WILL work. You just need to use the Alt+LMB to drag the perspective to a slightly different angle that allows you to drag the 2D box into the third dimension.

edit:
Also, try click IN the 2D box (where I have the red X) and drag it.

GregMalick
10-26-2005, 11:20 AM
My guess is that the perspective view ( the only one that will show a 3D view) is just showing the BOX face on. You just need to rotate the perpective view to see the depth. There's a little rotate widget that can be used for that (besides the Alt-LMB).

ahhh Matt beat me to it. :D