PDA

View Full Version : Flashversion of help doesn't work

walfridson
10-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Got a reminder from flashplayer "update to latest blaha".. I did and poff! LW help doesn't work, the meny, top & left doesn't show
Tried reinstalling flash and flushing all tempfiles. I use IE by the way...

All other flash sites works fine.

Dodgy
10-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I had this problem. You should get a message saying @Flash has blocked this dodgy behaviour' or something and give you a Settings button to press. If it doesn't, go here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Don't ask me why they've done this, it's a pota, and insanely difficult to find without a search. I got annoyed no end trying to sort this out.

Anyway, click the Edit Locations drop down and choose Add. Select the directory where the LW docs are, this should be :

L:\Documentation\help

Where 'L:' is your content directory. This should get it working. If you use win 2k and not Xp you might find you need to add the shortened version which I think is:

L:\DOCUME~1\help
Or something like that.

If you're really lucky, Flash will have stored the last place you tried to run it (which should be your help directory, and you can copy and paste it into the correct field.

I have to say this all stinks to me of the worst user interface design. Why not have a 'Do you want this application to access flash?' like just about every other software, instead of making you jump through these hoops? Or have a Flash settings button in the Control panel/Web browser (I'm using firefox, I don't know if IE gets one, but FF certainly doesn't seem to :cursin: ) instead of having to find it on the internet? And why have to Copy the URL into the correct field instead of just a 'Allow this Site?' button? Arrrgh! And this is something which is going to happen all the time with flash sites... :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Anyway, I hope this sorts out your problem.

walfridson
10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks alot, works fine now :)

Dalek
10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your help, Dodgy, this got my help system up and running again. I fully sympathise with your frustration. I have just sent feedback to Macromedia having a good 'ol rant about this. I'm sure they think it's very clever, but it just winds me up!!!

Torgul
04-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks for your help, Dodgy, this got my help system up and running again. I fully sympathise with your frustration. I have just sent feedback to Macromedia having a good 'ol rant about this. I'm sure they think it's very clever, but it just winds me up!!!

Indeed .... this fix worked for me as well :):thumbsup: . Also what is wierd is that u have to visit a web site to change the settings on your computer. frigging wierd.:thumbsdow

acmepixel
05-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Anyone have an idea how to fix this same problem but on a Mac?
(No Internet Exploder on Macs). Using Firefox or Netscape or Safari, Opera, etc.

Otherwise the online help is useless.

LW 8.5

Thanks

jorge-madrid
05-28-2006, 01:58 PM
I use Safari for everything , i was also having a problem with it .

i reintalled Flash on my Browser(Safari) and now it works perfect again ,
you also need to enable it to display on your machine .
mine was also disabled for security reasons ...

good luck , i hope this helps if not let me know ....

Jorge :yoda:

acmepixel
05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I use Safari for everything , i was also having a problem with it .

i reintalled Flash on my Browser(Safari) and now it works perfect again ,
you also need to enable it to display on your machine .
mine was also disabled for security reasons ...

good luck , i hope this helps if not let me know ....

Jorge :yoda:

Hey, thanks for the quick response Jorge.

I got it to work with Netscape and FireFox. I think I'll settle on Firefox since Safari doesn't work with some of my online banking sites, anyway.

I heard a rumor that Newtek is dropping the flash interface with R9, so the problem seems to solved with the new version.

jorge-madrid
05-28-2006, 02:17 PM
:rock: :rock:

I am so glad you got the problem resolved .

I hope they do get rid of the flash interface , it looks nice but, the less crap i have running the better i feel .

:I_Love_Ne

Good luck and keep on :rock: ing

:goodluck:

Jorge

richgrafx
05-29-2006, 08:24 AM
I had the same problem so I downloaded the pdf version which you should see as a download option when you log into your account.

I think the flash version was a bad idea; too much form over function.