PDA

View Full Version : Pakaging request!

BazC
10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
This isn't as trivial as it sounds I promise lol!

In most DVD/CD boxes you press in the centre to release the disk right? Well not with my copy of 8.3. There is nothing there to press, you just have wrench the CD out. Every time I take a disk out of the box I worry I'm going to break it!

Please make sure you ship LW9 with a better design, PLEEEEEEASE!

loki74
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I dunno... I like the disc case that my copy of 8.3 came in.

It does have a pushy thing in the middle. A really nice one. Unlike the typical ones, where you meerly push the center down so the disk can easily be taken out, this one actually makes the disk pop up--all you do is press and its completely loose.

That being said, they are a bit harder to push.. took me a sec to figure out how to work it. But really you dont even need to touch the outside circumference of the disc; just push down that thingy in the center. Mine actually even says "push."

But I know that if I were NewTek I would most definately change up the packaging and style for the 9.0 release, just since it will be such a major upgrade.

BazC
10-26-2005, 03:21 AM
Well yours sounds fine but the packaging obviously varies. Mine looks like this, it's a terrible design!

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/7802/cdcentre6je.jpg

loki74
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
DOH!! Mine most definately varies!!!

Yes i would agree with you on this then--what you have depicted does not look very good. The should indeed change that!