PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 ships when?

Mr.Kester
10-25-2005, 06:17 AM
Does any one have any info on when 9 will be shipping? :lwicon:

BeeVee
10-25-2005, 07:21 AM
By the end of the year is what we said at Siggraph.

B

Mr.Kester
10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
I notice you are in France too. I have a question about the upgrade. It says on the US site that, "If you are a registered user of any previous standalone version of LightWave 3D for Mac or Windows , you can upgrade to the very latest in 3D software for only $395! LightWave v9.0 will be shipped to you as soon as it is released!" But on the Europe site it says, "For LightWave [8] v8.x registered owners." I have an older version, must I order it from the US?
If I can order the upgrade in Europe, I also have an old paralel port dongle. Can I send it to NewTek in France to get the new dongle or the US?
Plus I notice that the price is the same in US dollars and Euros, which makes it almost 100 dollars more in Europe (Comme d'habitude).

BeeVee
10-25-2005, 09:21 AM
The price list here: http://www.newtek-europe.com/fr/price/price_e.html shows an upgrade from a previous version of LightWave to the current with a free upgrade to 9 when available is 449 (HT). For a dongle swap, yes we do that here (also shown on that page ;) ).

B