PDA

View Full Version : volumetric lights not saving

gazmon
10-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Hiya
Ive recently updated to 8.5, and am using volumetric lighting but the settings for the light are not saving with the scene. Everytime I reopen the document I have to re active volumetrics and adjust all the settings again-luckily this has happened a lot and I know what settings to useso it doesnt take too long but it is really frustrating. Not sure wether this is a new problem as I didnt really use volumetric lighting before.
Any ideas?
Gaz

toby
10-25-2005, 03:37 PM
The settings won't save with the scene if the volumetrics are turned off, could that be it?

Hoopti
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
luckily this has happened a lot and I know what settings to useso it doesnt take too long but it is really frustrating.

FYI. You can also save your lights settings as a preset and just click on it in the future to save time. They save fine in a PC environment so not sure if this is a Mac only issue or not.

Hoop

toby
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I was wondering about that, I can see the presets, but how do you save your own?

Thanks
Toby

Of course :foreheads hit 's' key with the volumetric panel in the front -

gazmon
10-31-2005, 02:28 AM
thanks for the ideas, unfortunately havent had time to play around and see if anything works as my hard drive died on me and I'm in the process of reinstalling everything!! luckily I'd backed everything up a week ago but I haven't got much done this weekend having to reload!! grr
Gaz