PDA

View Full Version : Free LightWave 9

Ozoka
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi I just got lightwave 8.5 from academicsuperstore and I was wondering if I really get a free LW9 upgrade. :lwicon:

here is the link

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?page=ProductDetail&PartNo=712494

Hoopti
10-24-2005, 06:54 PM
They're a top notch organization. If they say you're going to get it, you're going to get it. At least that was my experience when I qualified for educational versions.

Hoop

lots
10-25-2005, 07:21 AM
I would think so. From the sound of it, if you bought LW 8 since some time in Aug, you get 9 for free when it ships.

Ozoka
10-25-2005, 12:32 PM
So how would newtek or the academic super store go about that?

Kurtis
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Educational purchases of LightWave [8] do qualify for free upgrades to LightWave 9, if purchased in the correct timeframe. If you have registered your copy of LightWave with us, you should receive the upgrade automatically, when we begin shipping it. Be sure your registration includes a current address (no PO Boxes), phone number, and email address.

Icetray
10-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I also bought an educational version recently (September), but I won't be able to register it (or see it) until after Christmas :cry: . Will it matter?

walfridson
10-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Full 8 EDU cost the same as the 8 EDU upgrade...

Kurtis
10-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I also bought an educational version recently (September), but I won't be able to register it (or see it) until after Christmas :cry: . Will it matter?

Contact Customer Service for your area, and they'll be able to tell you what you will need to do to qualify.

Kurtis
10-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Full 8 EDU cost the same as the 8 EDU upgrade...

I can't speak for what individual resellers are charging, but the suggested retail price of a full educational license of LightWave [8] is $195US with electronic documentation. The suggested retail price for an upgrade educational license of LightWave [8] or 9 is $95US with electronic documentation (half the price of a full educational license).

lots
10-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Wow, that's really gone down. When I bought my EDU copy of 7.5. I paided $400.. though I did get a nice pretty printed manual :) I purchased within the proper time frame and got 8 shipped to me for free :)

Which is why I would assume the same happens for LW9...

I do have a question. I recently upgraded my EDU lic to a comercial one, by buying the LW9 upgrade. Since this did not ship with any sort of CD except for Vue (since LW9 is not out yet), do I need to do anything special on my end? I'm already registered with my current copy of LW (still EDU .. I think?)

Actually I think I'm going to go email customer service ;P