PDA

View Full Version : Display Layers in Modeler

Nitisara
10-24-2005, 03:01 AM
1) To display layer name somewhere in interface (maybe like objects list).
2) To display polygon layer in Info panel.

mkiii
10-24-2005, 06:46 AM
You know about the Layers panel available from the Windows dropdown menu I suppose?

Nitisara
10-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Yes. But to keep a panel opened is not equal to have a drop-down besides object name.
Also I would prefer to have "Select all layers" button. I know that it exists in Layers panel, but to open panel to click button is quite long way...

romrom74
10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm entirely with you on the polygon info layer. We should be able to see which layer belong polygons, without trial and error. With the actual "archaic" layer system (non movable, non dragable etc...) things can get very tedious when working on complicated objects with tons of layers...and I often find myself deactivating wrong layers and so losing my poly selection, instead of isolating the one I wanted. Btw it makes me think that it would be nice if we had a layer wireframe color (obviously individually setable) that could overpass the polygon wireframe color (a bit a la maya), but thats another story...

mkiii
10-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Use Part selection sets. I know you still have to press 'w' to select them, and 'i' to view them, but is that really so hard?

Nitisara
10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Selection sets and Layers contents are different things.
Or you suggest to update Parts selection set after every change of a layer geometry?