PDA

View Full Version : Animation: saving & importing motion

Darrell
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey gang, here's my situation:

I made a walk cycle & a run cycle using the same object file but in two different scenes. Now that I have these cycles animated. I want to create a new scene, load the same object I animated. Then import the animation data of both files so I can mix them in motion mixer. I'm writing this post because I've missably failed LOL.

I tried using the MD_Scan & MD_Plug tools as I saw in the video tutorial on the newtek site, but I believe it only works for the scene file you've added both plugins to in the object properties. I've looked though my manual & really don't know what to look for. So hopefully one you cunning animators can give me some suggestions to tackle this problem or show me another method for animating

-Darrell-

Wonderpup
10-25-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi Darrell,

I think 'load from scene' will bring in an object along with it's animation- you might need to reset the content directory first.

Darrell
10-25-2005, 10:04 AM
You know what...I accidently found that option ( i have my custom menus so i hardly use the file pull down menu)...yeah I noticed it brings in all the animation...so I'll will try that and see how much i'll get accomplish thanks alot