PDA

View Full Version : Are you having IVGA connection issues??

PIZAZZ
10-23-2005, 03:28 PM
A client of mine recently had issues with IVGA connecting to his VT and I thought that I would share that solution here for TriCaster also. Substitute TriCaster for VT when you see it... :)

The first step with IVGA is to make sure both the VT and external sources are in the same Workgroup. I usually will also suggest locking the IP addresses down also so there is no chance of conflicting addresses.

In Mick's situation we had everything setup as it should be:
1. Both Machine's with Unique IP addresses
2. Both Machine's in the same workgroup
3. Tried connecting with a crossover cable and normal router connection

IVGA would not be seen by VT for nothing. We could ping from machine to machine but VT could not see IVGA on the laptop.

The Solution for this was a very easy solution.
1. Verify the above first
2. Create a user account with the same VT User Name and password on the Laptop
3. Create a user account with the same Laptop User Name and password on the VT
4. Share a folder on the laptop
5. Share a folder on the VT
6. Connect to each machine from the other via Network Neighborhood
7. BAM! IVGA comes through nice and easy.

Granted most of the time IVGA works very simply. SOMETIMES for whatever reason... things do not go very easy. This solution worked well for this situation and it might help you sometime.

mavnick
10-24-2005, 10:03 AM
I think there are quite a few of us who are having difficulties with the iVGA connections. I still have not resolved mine but I will try your solution. Last suggestion I used locked me out of my laptop totally.

Paul Lara
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
It's worth noting that there is a new version of iVGA available now on the TriCaster downloads Page (http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/updates.php)

mvp4life
11-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Does the 5988 patch for Tricaster update the IVGA portion on the Tricaster or do you need to copy from the IVGA update to the folder on tricaster?

thank you,
Marcos