PDA

View Full Version : Morphs in Modeller Work and in Layout DONT

cardboardbox
10-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi, my first post here. I have just encountered a problem which i need help with. Over the last three months I have been working through Jonny Gorten's cartoon character creation books...I have made my own character, painted texture and weight maps, created morphs and finally created bones and setup the ik.

In modeller, my character looks great, the morphs look great they all work with MorphMApMixer...i finished my character, and moved onto Book2 which deals with riggin in layout.

In layout a created a rig for the model and finally got to the pose testing, this is where my lightwave problem reared it's ugly head...argh my beautiful morphs ruined. It seems if i open the Morph Mixer in Layout, my morphs are all distorted.

I have been correcting my bone placements and some weight maps to sort out the usual deformation problems on ankles,knees,elbows...but i cant figure out whats causing my eye, mouth, and phenome morphs to distort so badly. I thought it might be something to do with the rig, so loaded up the model without a rig applied, and i got the same result, bad morphs...

so anybody had similar...

btw:
i use Lightwave version 8.3
on windows xp pro.

i have also tried uninstalling everything...using LW8 on it's own and reinstally .3 update...still get same results. :(

any help is most appreciated.

cheers

Dodgy
10-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Did you set subdivision (in the Object properties panel) to at least After displacement? This should sort it out..

cardboardbox
10-24-2005, 12:20 PM
yeah i have tried that...did not realise sub d settings would effect my model so badly. I have set sub order to 'LAST' and problem solved. Thankyou for your help, and sorry about long explaination!...thankyou again..i thought I had lost hours and hours of work. Cheers.