PDA

View Full Version : html manual not displaying contents

Dodgy
10-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Just today, when I tried to launch the Html LW manual, in Firefox 1.07, I got a Flash warning 'This file blah blah tried to launch this file blah blah. Please go to settings to allow this action'. I've never had this before, but I went to the settings and set flash to allow the html doc to do this, but now I get no warning, but the side menu still doesn't come up. Anyone got a clue on this? Did flash update automatically and break?

mkiii
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
It's been like that on & off for a while for me. Currently, it seems to work.

I blame automatic updates for windows / explorer etc.

One thing that might be worth checking (assuming you have done all the normal bone shaking) is to turn off any popup blockers you might have running & see if that helps.

Silkrooster
10-23-2005, 11:51 PM
If I recall flash uses java or the html uses a combination of flash and java. I noticed this with Firefox and the lightwave web page. Perhaps who ever coded that page also coded the document.
I only mention this because programs like Norton Internet security can block java. Which maybe is the reason for a menu to not work.
Just a thought,
Silk

lardbros
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I literally had this with Internet Explorer yesterday... i instantly uninstalled Flash Player 8 and it works fine now... just had to reinstall version 7. Try it, it worked for me. Strange, but i noticed some other flash animations that i have saved from the web still cease to work now!!! Bloody computers.

Dodgy
10-26-2005, 03:43 PM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=42287

Check out this thread :) I figured it out. It took me ages to get to the right place as you'll see in my rant, but I got it working if any of you are having problems like I did :)

INVENTOR
11-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Having a problem with scaling when transfering drawings to DXF have to enlarge14X to get back to original size???

Thanks LW friends

Dodgy
11-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Are you asking me if I'm having problems? :)

INVENTOR
11-03-2005, 10:00 AM
I am the one having a problem with scaling. And apparently writing something that makes sense.

Sounded ok when I wrote it. Looking again I wonder who wrote that.

When I first open a drawing in modeler the Image is very small and I need to hit (shift a) to fill the quadrant. Earlier LW versions used to open fully. When I export a DXF file to (Turbo CAD) I see a tiny black spot. Must rescale 14x. The menue problem doesn't help finding a solution.

Dodgy
11-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I think it could be a 1m to inch problem. When I brought stuff in from .dwg files, I found the dwg units were inches, while the LW ones were m, so they were far too big in LW. To convert from dwg to the LW I had to scale by 2.54% in both axes.