PDA

View Full Version : Oscar B roll??

bbeanan
05-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I have a client which I am bring in my VT2 for a live production project and he had a request...

"I may need to create some graphics, do you have any B-roll of any kind of Ocar statues in 3-D?"

Does anyone know where I could find any premade graphics?

Jim Capillo
05-06-2003, 02:05 PM
BE CAREFUL...... the Oscar statuette and its likeness are protected by copyright laws. If you produce anything vaguely familiar to their lawyers, they'll probably come after you.

bbeanan
05-06-2003, 02:21 PM
It's actually for a private party event... granted that is all I know they just want me to bring in my Toaster for a quick 30 min edit session on site, they want me to take some raw footage of the top sales managers entering the building and edit together an awards style opening to the event (which is happening just 60 min. from when the camera starts rolling to capture the raw footage)

weaponsInspecto
05-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Try this,

Go to a local thrift store and buy an old trophy. Put it on a microwave oven plate spinner ($7.95 from Wal-Mart) wind it up and let it spin. If you light it well over a green screen, VT[2] will pull a great key and you can loop it in a DDR over any type of sparkling background for a great cheap effect. If you can't do the green screen, pick up an old sequined dress form the thrift store while you are there and use that as the back drop. Slightly defocus the background and Bingo!

Hope this helps