PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit change content directory looking for .lsc file

mnemonicimage
10-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I've just installed 64 bit LW and when I change the content directory in Layout to anything other than the Lightwave folder and try to do file loas scene I get a window saying LS/GN-RT v2.7: Execute Compiled Script... and it is looking for a *.lsc file. Is there something wrong with my config file? Can anyone esle replicate this?

Also when I try to register and get a new key - what serial number do I use? If I use my LW 8 SN I get a Server Error in '/' Applciation @ serialNo is not a pareameter for procedure spProductRegistrationSelActive error. How do I get a new key for 64bit?

GwynneR
10-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Mine worked fine with the existing key from the 32 bit install

gjjackson
10-21-2005, 10:25 AM
You'll need to register the 64bit and get a new key. It's a different key number for 64bit. If you look at that download page there is a link to get that key.

mnemonicimage
10-21-2005, 10:36 AM
I've clicked on the:
Click here to re-register your serial number and retrieve your new 64-bit key.
Under the Lightwave 64 bit download area. It comes to the list of currently registered Lightwave 3D licneses.
I click on the pulldown to register a new product and select Light wave 3D 8 and click on register now.
This brings me to the serial number window where I enter in my existing LW 8 serial number and click on register and get the Serfver error mentioned above.

gjjackson
10-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Yup, tried it and got this server error

@SerialNo is not a parameter for procedure spProductRegistrationSelActive.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

You'll have to call or check with Newtek and have them resolve the problem. It worked for me the other day.

mnemonicimage
10-21-2005, 05:04 PM
As for the change of content not being found I tried this and it appers to have solved it:

go to utilities/edit plugins/scan directory, and from there find the plugins directory in your lightwave folder

groove660
10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=mnemonicimage]I've just installed 64 bit LW and when I change the content directory in Layout to anything other than the Lightwave folder and try to do file loas scene I get a window saying LS/GN-RT v2.7: Execute Compiled Script... and it is looking for a *.lsc file. Is there something wrong with my config file? Can anyone esle replicate this?
QUOTE]

Had the same problem, rescan your plug in directory and it will fix it.

Cheers