PDA

View Full Version : vertex Paint Window... gone

apaulcalypse
10-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Okay, this error is just ridiculous, but I can't fix it to save my life...

I was using Vertex Paint in Modeller to make weight maps for a character. While painting, I accidentally grabbed the bottom right corner of the vertex paint window with the mouse (the corner that allows you to resize the vertex paint window), and dragged the bottom right corner way, way off screen.

Now the Vertex Paint window is so big that I can't even use it. I can't resize it: the only way that I know of to resize it is to grab the bottom right corner, which is now hopelessly offscreen. Closing and re-opening vertex paint does nothing, it retains it's ginormous window size. I even re-installed Lightwave, and it kept it's un-usably large size.

I know this is an absurd problem to have, but please, for the love of god, somebody help me...

Dodgy
10-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Look in your documents and settings directory there should be a vtx3.cfg
Ope that with wordpad or similar and there's a Windowpixelsize setting...

If something goes awry with LW, always look in the settings directory first, and try backing up the files there then deleting them. If when you run LW again, whatever was broken is now fixed, something in one of those files is causing it.

gjjackson
10-21-2005, 06:28 AM
You can also change the screen resolution size and then resize the window and then go back.

apaulcalypse
10-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Look in your documents and settings directory there should be a vtx3.cfg
Ope that with wordpad or similar and there's a Windowpixelsize setting...

If something goes awry with LW, always look in the settings directory first, and try backing up the files there then deleting them. If when you run LW again, whatever was broken is now fixed, something in one of those files is causing it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Thanks!