PDA

View Full Version : Lost dongle

MrChristopherSL
10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I use LW on my Powerbook and so kept the dongle with me in my computer case. But I've been unable to find it today and guess it fell out at some point.

So I'm stuck being unable to use LW now. What is the procedure for getting a new one?

Thanks,

Chris
P.S. These dongles are a major pain...

Silkrooster
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I know they can be. I guess you will need to contact Newtek. Odds are they will sell a new dongle as a second seat. As they should have your info on file.
Maybe Chuck, Kurtis or Proton will chime in here and give better advice.
Silk

MrChristopherSL
10-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know if Newtek actually answers their tech support email? I've sent a number of them requesting information on a new dongle but no responses.

Chris

Chuck
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Support should answer by next business day at the latests; but the issue you have, replacement of a lost dongle, is something that you need to handle via Customer Services ratherer than technical support, so they are likely forwarding your emails to CS, which may mean more of a delay in the reply.

If you would PM me with a contact number and let me know when it would convenient to receive a call, I can have CS call you.

MrChristopherSL
10-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi, thanks for the response. i actually send customer service an email about this on the 21st as I check my email sent folder.

My cell number is [ Got it - removed it for your privacy - Chuck ].

Thanks,

Chris

Silkrooster
10-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Click on Chuck's name an a menu will pop up with sending a private message. Then you won't need to make your cell number public. Once you send the PM you can edit your message to remove the number.
You don't need to worry about most of us LW'ers but there are spammers that log on from time to time.
Just being security minded.
Silk

MrChristopherSL
10-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok, thanks for the tip, I didn't realize about the PM thing.

Thanks,

Chris