PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with 64bit version?

gschrick
10-20-2005, 08:15 PM
I installed LW64 (Dual AMD Opteron, Win XP x64). I even went ahead and added all the plugins from the 64 version folders. Lightwave can no longer load quicktimes and my "Dynamic Objects" button is ghosted. I tried loading the input-output plugins again and still no quicktime support. I can add dynamic objects through the FX browser, so why is the Dynamic Objects button disabled?

The layout also seems to lag. Especailly when multitasking. I can click on it's window but it takes a couple seconds for it to jump to front.

Also, Can I assume any old third party plugins won't work in the 64bit version, since I have not gotten any to install? Nor does UV Edit Pro install.

Just wondering about anyone else's expereince with this version.

BeeVee
10-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Quicktime doesn't exist in 64-bit, for other plug-ins I don't know.

B

AbnRanger
10-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Quicktime doesn't exist in 64-bit, for other plug-ins I don't know.

B
Quicktime 7 does. I use it on my system, with XP 64. It's pretty new, so try to download the new one and see how it acts.

gschrick
10-22-2005, 08:28 AM
I have Quicktime 7.0.3 installed and Quicktimes load in Lightwave 32 just fine on Windows x64. But in LW64 I still get the message "No plug-in of type AnimLoaderHandler found with name Quicktime. Would you like to load it from disk?".

I did figure out the "Dynamic Objects" button by deleted my config files and opening LW again. That sems to clear up a lot of problems.

But, I still can't load any third party plugins like Bevel++. Also UVEditPro failes to install. And I see that SASLite isn't even present in Lightwave 64's plugins folders.

Little things, but I guess they could be expected with any upgrade. The quicktime thing bums me out though.

Lewis
10-22-2005, 11:43 AM
maybe Ben ment to say that quicktime.p doesn't exsist in 64-bit version yet? I can't say for sure since I don't use Lw64bit but that's what i got from his answer ;).

ColinCohen
10-22-2005, 12:42 PM
All third-party plugins, I believe, must be recompiled for 64-bit LW.

gjjackson
10-22-2005, 02:51 PM
One thing on the menu, 'Hub Win64', is interesting. I'm wondering Why it's even there. The Hub loads automatically so a shortcut seems odd. It's not a concern but a curiosity.

gjjackson
10-22-2005, 02:57 PM
All third-party plugins, I believe, must be recompiled for 64-bit LW.

I'm in the process of moving all the plugins and other files over and checking them out one at a time. This time I'll put them in individual folders and when creating menus have a drop down box for those plugins in each folder. This way any help files, plugin tutorials, etc will be better organized. Previously I had all 3rd party plugins in a user directory and a folder for all associated files. This made it cumbersome. Since I'm moving some massive folders some take 15-30 min to copy over and gives time for checking these forums while I wait. It's a boring job but someone has to do it.

gschrick
10-23-2005, 02:18 PM
This could be just me and my computer but Cloth effects crash layout in 64 version. I am doing this tutorial off flay;

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=96843

As soon as I hit CALCULATE in LW64, it crashes. But it works in LW32.

Can anyone confirm this?