PDA

View Full Version : X64 installation need Sentinel Dongle Driver?

arnjav
10-20-2005, 02:19 PM
I tried to install it today but I received a note:

"Make sure that you have the Sentinel Protection Drivers installed and Lighwave dongle attached before proceeding."

I removed the dongle prior to installation thinking that its like the original installation where the installer will install the dongle driver first and then attach the dongle and then the Lightwave program.
Chuck mentioned that dongle intallation is included but look like its not.
Please advise how you installed yours.
Thanks

groove660
10-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Mine worked fine, admittly i have a fresh install of XP64 no LW on it at all. But all i did was this.

*Pluged my dongle in, windows finds new hardware, tell it to search the folder where i unzipped the beta drivers i got from the PC help section

*Windows finds driver and installs the drivers

*Run the LW8.5 64bit installer

*Register LW at the end of the install with my new Key (you need a new key for 64bit version, get it from where you downloaded the update)

*Run LW

*Done.

Cheers

krimpr
10-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Arggg. I'm running in idiot mode here. I dn't sem to be able to find the PC help section. Thanks for the sequence Groove; I'm looking forward to trying the install tonight.

Edit: Found em! Thanks again Groove.

al3d
11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
groove660, i've tried exactly what you did..but when i start the installer, on a new system 64bit and AMD. the installer sais it does'nt see the dongle...any clue what might be doing this?