PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 64-bit Download Re-Posted

Chuck
10-20-2005, 09:22 AM
The LightWave 64-bit version revised installer has been posted.

Please note that you may encounter the following issues:

1) You may receive a message saying your 64-bit OS was not automatically detected. You will then receive a message asking you to confirm you have the 64-bit OS so the installer can continue. If you do have Windows XP Pro x64, please select the option to continue with the installation.

2) After installation, your content directory may be labeled "-64\Content" . If this happens, you will need to change your content directory settings in LightWave, or rename the content folder on your hard drive.

If you are registered with NewTek US, login to User Registration: http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

For the NewTek Europe folks:

French: http://www.newtek-europe.com/fr/support/download.html

English: http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/support/download.html

Note for those who have ordered the v8.5 Convenience Upgrade CD: The 64-bit installer on our first version of the v8.5 Programs CD has the same issues as the downloadable Installer, and when used on a Windows system will not detect a 64-bit OS, and will install the 32-bit LightWave. Our apologies for not managing to get shipping stopped before some of these went out. The CD will also be revised and the new edition will be sent to those who have ordered.

Again, our apologies for any inconveniences this has caused for our LightWave users anxious to get started with the 64-bit edition.

arnjav
10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Chuck, please advise where I can downloaded the latest sentinel x64dongle driver as x64 setup is asking for it to be installed first before proceeding to LW85x64 installation.
Thanks

Promethius
10-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Chuck,

Now I have LW8.5 64bit installed. I was wondering if win(32) should still show up in the header? And is there a way to know if it's running 64bit mode?

Thanks,
Mike

habaņero
10-21-2005, 09:48 AM
arnjav, here (http://www.pericosecurity.com/index.php?id=227609).

No guarantees though, worked on this end. Needs the 7.1.1 drivers installed first.

hunter
10-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi Chuck,

Now I have LW8.5 64bit installed. I was wondering if win(32) should still show up in the header? And is there a way to know if it's running 64bit mode?

Thanks,
Mike
I don't think so. Mine says win64. Maybe make sure your running the exe from the 64 bit programs folder?

hunter
10-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Sorry double post. D'oh!

Promethius
10-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Hunter,

Thanks, glad to see that Win64 should be there. Still, I would like to know if I am truely running with 64 bits and not running on 32bit mode. I will reinstall again tonight and will be glad to see Win64 at the top.

Ok, now I get the Win64, but when it's time to enter the permanant License, I do not have the Enter License selection anymore in the help drop down menu. Any ideas anyone?

ursa
10-21-2005, 03:04 PM
if it works like lightwave usually does, i think you would
just manually enter the new 16 digit license code into the license.key file (located in the Programs folder) in notepad and then save it.

Promethius
10-21-2005, 06:29 PM
By playing around, I put the make license key from the config menu, listed from the plugins list to the help menu. That finally did it. Just suprised the usual Enter License was not there after the install. I had to rescan the plugin folders too, for the load from scene to load correctly. Getting there, but now to get FPrime to work is the next task.

lots
10-21-2005, 10:27 PM
It asked me to do the Lic thing after the install, so maybe something funny happened during your installation... Like a license file already present in the installation directory...

dgon64
10-21-2005, 10:37 PM
To register LW64, you need to access this from desktop taskbar. Click Programs to Newtek to Lightwave and finally to registration where you can bring up the registration page. Took me a little searching since I couldn't find anywhere within LW to accomplish this. Hope this saves some time.

cessna
10-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Okay, I have tried just about any combination to enter my license.key, but all I get is : License not found...running in discovery(LightWave 3D 8.5 (Win 64) Discovery Edition). I have manually created a license.key file in the program folder. I have use the makelicense.key lscript and also have entered the license key on the HELP tab (C:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\license.key). After entering the license on the Make License/Enter Key: ... I get a Box: Information: MAKELICENSE.LS, License.key successfully written. Restart LightWave to end Discovery mode! OK...so after hitting okay, I quit LightWave 3D 8.5(Win 64) and when restarting back...it gives me the error Your license key was not found...etc...running in Discovery. I have LW8.3 running Perfectly with the same license.key...I am running an AMD64bit/Win XP 64 Pro. If you have any suggestions I will greatly appreciate it.

cessna.
:help:

dgon64
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Did you get your new license key from Newtek? You have to register your 32-bit 8.5 version again and eventually you will find an option to register as a 64-bit version. Newtek then e-mails you a new license key specifically for LW64, If you've already done this then I guess contacting Newtek is your next step. Hope this helps.

hunter
10-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Okay, I have tried just about any combination to enter my license.key, but all I get is : License not found...running in discovery(LightWave 3D 8.5 (Win 64) Discovery Edition). I have manually created a license.key file in the program folder. I have use the makelicense.key lscript and also have entered the license key on the HELP tab (C:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\license.key). After entering the license on the Make License/Enter Key: ... I get a Box: Information: MAKELICENSE.LS, License.key successfully written. Restart LightWave to end Discovery mode! OK...so after hitting okay, I quit LightWave 3D 8.5(Win 64) and when restarting back...it gives me the error Your license key was not found...etc...running in Discovery. I have LW8.3 running Perfectly with the same license.key...I am running an AMD64bit/Win XP 64 Pro. If you have any suggestions I will greatly appreciate it.

cessna.
:help:

Go here:

http://register.newtek.com/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdownloads.aspx

login.
You should see all your license info. Select Lightwave 8 in the drop down and choose register. Follow the instructions. When your done go back to to your license info page.
Open the license.key file in your LW programs directory in notepad, change the number to the new LW64 key from the license info page. Go to file>save in notepad and you should be good to go.

gjjackson
10-22-2005, 11:01 AM
edit: didn't read all the posts.

CAClark
10-22-2005, 12:13 PM
FOr a system with 2gb of ram, is it worth bothering with LW64? It's a dual core athlon 4800+, ut I don't want to flatten it and re-install xp64 if there is no practical gain?

Thanks!

cessna
10-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I appreciate the suggestions...I followed the process..but got a weird error from the registration site after entering the serial number Only:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@SerialNo is not a parameter for procedure spProductRegistrationSelActive

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: @SerialNo is not a parameter for procedure spProductRegistrationSelActive.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: @SerialNo is not a parameter for procedure spProductRegistrationSelActive.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +196
OnlineReg.SerialNoCheck.SerialNoReg(String SerialNo)
RegisterProducts.RegisterLW.CheckRegisteredLockIds (Boolean SubmitClicked)
RegisterProducts.RegisterLW.SubmitClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

=========
I guess I can always call them on Monday!

have a good one!

:confused:

gjjackson
10-22-2005, 03:24 PM
If you got this error today I would immediately send an email to the web people and have them check it out. A number of people have got this error. I did the other day, just for a test. They may be unaware there is a problem in their database.

cessna
10-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks gjjackson...will do!

:thumbsup:

zapper1998
10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
ok , hmmmmmm

So let me get this straight, there a few issues of getting LW64 up and running...

I will wait a few more months, till I fire up the new 64 Bit Machine...

So from what I have read, the Par Dongle will not work with the 64 bit ???? yes it will, no it won't ?????

I am real curious, Because I know allot of people have allot tied to the Dongle, So should I think seriuosly of switching to a usb dongle down the road????

I have have been reading all the threads and the license key issues etc etc
sounds like its going to be fun the next few months....

Oh, thanks Newtek, you guys are the best, keep on trucking.

Michael

Ozoka
10-25-2005, 12:35 PM
the only really bad thing about LW64 is all my plugins dont work....and im sad now

xid3d
10-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Loaded both 32 and 64 bit. Very awesome, thanks.

(@ Michael, I just exhanged both my par locks for usb dongles, only took a few days and well worth it.)

A cool thing about the 32 bit version is that it will still benefit from the system's 64 bit display drivers. Nvidia PCI express works great.

GLSL is really amazing. Being able to run multilayers is insane.
It will be hard to get regular work done now.

Thank you Newtek, dont know what to say, still feeling light headed from it all.
:lightwave :agree: :I_Love_Ne

joshuaz
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Love the update, thanks chuck! I noticed about a 12% increase in render times. Hoping for more, but I will take any speed increase.

Only problem is when i click "random points" in modeler 64, it crashes. I can always just use the 32bit modeler to create the point clouds but I would prefer not have to do a work around.

Can i fix this?

WizCraker
10-26-2005, 01:42 AM
nevermind. :)

Chuck
12-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Note for Zapper: your latest post was sufficiently far from the topic that we've moved it to it's own thread in General Support. You'll find it here:

>>>Can New Dongle have Same ID as Old?<<< (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44048)

==