PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Simple one - Drag Poly / Drag Edge Tool

Wickster
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Similar to the Drag (Points), I wish we can easily drag polys and edges. Selecting a single poly then switching to the 'Move' tool can get pretty tedious on large projects.

It would be nice to use the same 'Drag' tool to use on polygons and edges. Just have the components (point, poly or edge) highlight on mouseover, so you know which component you're going to be dragging.

BeeVee
10-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Use drag and set the falloff to Polygon. I'm sure it'll probably have Edge as a falloff come 9... If it's not working, remember that there's "nothing" to drag if you are in wireframe mode, try changing your display to something solid and then doing it.

B

Wickster
10-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, would you look at that...I just learned something new. :D
I hope the Edge falloff would be there on 9 as well.

It would still be nice however to have the components highlight on mouseover so you don't have to keep switching the falloff.

Thanks BeeVee!

erikals
10-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I wish there was a faster way to change to this option though.. holding down shift+alt or something..

If you ask me all tools should have an option like that, (holding down shift+alt will then change the current tool to your "favorite" tool option or something).

As I always feel the numeric tool gets in the way.

evenflcw
10-21-2005, 03:09 PM
"Just have the components (point, poly or edge) highlight on mouseover, so you know which component you're going to be dragging."

That's the solution I'd like to see aswell and which I think would excel Modelers workflow more than anything else. Modeler needs smart highlighting and we need to be able to change selections while tools are still active.