PDA

View Full Version : Who ordered the 64bit install CD.

gjjackson
10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Well, I ordered it and didn't mind spending the $40. I didn't even mind that is a burned CD. That is, if that is what I would've gotten. What I did get was 8.5 (Win32) after installing and running it. I thought all the complaints about having to buy a CD was unwarranted, but I Do think we can complain when you first Have to order something and then don't even get what you ordered. I don't like to complain as a general rule because I can understand the business side. But this is truly unacceptable. I did reply to the email confirming ordering instead of downloading and anwered yes. So I've replied again concerning this problem. So anyone else order the CD and what did you get. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Chuck
10-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Our apologies, the installer for the CD has the same problems as the downloadable version. It will check for the Windows OS version, fail to detect that a 64-bit OS is in place, and install the 32-bit version of LightWave. A revised Program CD will be prepared and will be sent to those who've ordered the CD.

gjjackson
10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
I can imagine what you've all been going through this past week.

Out of curiosity can you tell us what caused the error, i.e., the installer not recognizing the proper OS. Since I do some programming I'm interested. I'm not doing anything in 64bit yet but maybe in the future. Is it with the installer, or LW code. I can understand if this is proprietary information.