PDA

View Full Version : Lscript locations?

twine
10-18-2005, 10:29 AM
I just got a new plugin called pivotcommander. Ive tried putting it in various places: different plugin folders within lightwave, and done the 'scan directories' from within lightwave, Ive even allocated a shortcut for it, and cant get it too work. Could someone 'point' me in the right direction?

gjjackson
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
It doesn't really matter where it's at. In order to know it's loaded go to the 'Edit Plugins' and find it and load it. It should tell you how many (1) plugins loaded. From there you could go to the Edit Menu and look under 'Additional' to find it there. You can then put it where it's most accessible. If that all done you may have to have points selected, using the info panel would be easiest, for it to work. I don't know if you'd have to have the Pivot tool selected. That's another matter to consider.

twine
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Well its definately loaded. I just tried it in conjuction with the pivot tool but still no joy. I think you must be on the right lines though. I didnt think it mattered to much where the file actually is but as it doesnt seem to be working yet, and its the first plugin I have tried to install I did wonder.

twine
10-19-2005, 03:38 AM
Has anyone ever used this plugin??

Capt Lightwave
10-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Yes, I've used it, and it works like a charm...

twine
10-19-2005, 05:29 AM
Care to elaborate captain??? :confused:

Capt Lightwave
10-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Add it as a plugin and make a button for it, or just call it up each time you want to use it.
All it does is center the pivot point on the selected object...and it does it pretty fast too.

The easiest way to test it it to make a box a bit off center on any or all axis.
Use the plugin, save the object and open it in Layout....rotate it and chack that it rotates around itself....

twine
10-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok, thaks captain, that explains it. I think i misunderstood what the plugin did in the first place. It works fine now, infact it worked fine all along, I was looking for a result within modeller not layout. Cheers

Capt Lightwave
10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Glad it worked :)