PDA

View Full Version : X2

mastermesh
05-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Had to start a thread on the new X-Men movie. I saw it 2 days ago and loved it. I kinda wish that they'd had more Gambit, Jubilee, and Beast scenes, but it was pretty good as is. :)

It's obvious that at the end of the movie what will happen in the next movie if you know anything about the X-men at all, but I won't spoil it for you. ;)

mattclary
05-06-2003, 07:49 AM
Agreed! Awesome movie, better than the first, in my opinion. Yep, Mastermesh, I had forgotten that bit until right at the end. An old room mate was an X-Men fan, so it wasn't fresh in my mind.

ecliptic87
05-07-2003, 09:30 AM
I don't remember any gambit scene just the reference to his name on the computer screen. Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

Global Hawk
05-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Personally I think they should make Colossus THE main man! Aint no one better than the big guy!:D :p

Matt
05-07-2003, 01:57 PM
seen it and loved it, much better than the first!

you know the teleporter geezer (dunno his name) at the start, who leaves a sort of smoke like trail behind when he teleports?

don't you think that smoke effect looks similar to the white demon-looking characters 'movement effect' from the Matrix 2 trailer?

wonder if that's this years 'new effect', Hollywood seem to crack doing some new effect and then chuck it in loads of movies!!!

I suppose it's no great shakes, you could do it using particles/hypervoxels in LW!

:)

Global Hawk
05-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Matt
teleporter geezer (dunno his name) at the start, who leaves a sort of smoke like trail behind when he teleports?

:confused: Teleporter Geezer!? That is a new one!;) It's Nightcrawler.

It kinda dose look the same though, now that you mention it!

Matt
05-09-2003, 04:33 AM
'Geezer' is an English phrase meaning bloke, man, person!

I could go all North England on you an call him 'charva'! which basically means the same thing but in more Leeds speak!

Meaty
05-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Matt
'Geezer' is an English phrase meaning bloke, man, person!

I could go all North England on you an call him 'charva'! which basically means the same thing but in more Leeds speak!

Ahh, in America 'geezer ' refers to someone who is old, can be a derogatory term depending on the delivery:D

I thought the nightcrawler teleporter effects were AWESOME!!!! Totally cool, and very well done. I cant wait to see it again.

MATRIX THIS THURSDAY!!!! wootah!:cool:

Matt
05-10-2003, 06:38 AM
:(

Americans. You lucky, lucky people!

We have to wait until every man and his dog has seen these films before we can see them, it's just not fair.

I'm not a happy bunny!

mastermesh
05-12-2003, 03:37 PM
A geezer is an old guy... Kurt (Nightcrawler) is a young un... (shhh... if you don't know this already because you're not comic book fanatic close your eyes - he's actually Mystique's (the purple gal's) kid)