PDA

View Full Version : Lens flare in fprime?

nerdyguy227
10-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I know you can do all the alpha and compositing stuff but is it possable to render a lens flare in fprime or is there a really really easy alpha lens flare method? (note: I have to do this in a long sequence so it is not like it is one pic I have to overlap an alpha with)

thanks

Panikos
10-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Lens Flare in LW are treated as a post process.
Think of it as an invisible Pixel Filter.
That means that is applied after all polygons (opaque or transparent) are rendered.

Sometimes LensFlare are hidden behind geometry etc, this is handled in LW well.
Lens Reflections are not seen in Reflections and behind refractions cause they are generated by the Camera Lens.
Glows in reality are visible by Reflections/Refractions but not in LW because they are really volumetric effect and not a post process.

Finally, LW9 will provide a real-lens Camera shader system. This eventually will not support or will break the current Lens flare system unless Newtek decides to update it to work with a non-pinhole camera.

So, since everything now is in progress, I can undestand why Worley didnt add Lens Flare yet.

Hope this helps
:beerchug:

nerdyguy227
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
hmm

ok then how do you composit it over? can you render a sequence in lw with only the light then overlap it?

MonroePoteet
10-18-2005, 01:44 PM
In LW there is a Flare2Alpha Image Filter which moves lens flares and glow into the alpha channel. Might help.

mTp