PDA

View Full Version : wallace & gromit curse of ware rabbit

cresshead
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
wallace & gromit curse of ware rabbit:-

just seen it tonight at cinema tonight....

was okay but not a great story..seems too many people got involved in the
production
some characters look straight out of the simpsons....weird!..plastercine
cartoon versions!
also whilst it has plenty of jokes it's not that funny!

maybe i wasn't in a receptive mood but I found it was okay but not 'great'
like the first film or the other short
films such as wrong trousers and a close shave.

too many 'past film' cameo parts in their for my liking, seemed they chucked
all the stereotypes they had in there, rather than let the film be
true to itself...geez!..well like i say was okay but not a stunner....it
does have it's moments of greatness but they seemed to be using some sort
of generic film formula to create it..they didn;t take any risks..well with
a production cycle of 5 years can you blame em?

i'd give it a 6 out of 10 with incredibles scoring 11 out of 10 in
comparison.
wallace & gromit curse of ware rabbit was about as good as ice age or
robots.

opps!

newsvixen8
10-17-2005, 06:25 PM
As a devoted fan of vintage Wallace and Gromit, I'm sad to agree with you. The "Were-Rabbit" was a watered-down effort. I wonder if they had to make it less "english" and more mainstream for us slow-witted americans, who frequently don't get brit humor. (I fall in the middle, as a Canadian-born, naturalized American...)

BeeVee
10-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Ware rabbit? There rabbit! ;)

B
PS. I really enjoyed it, but agree with some of the crtiticism, however it was my 2.5 year old's first visit to the cinema and for that it will always be memorable...

starbase1
10-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Aw! Does this mean I should not go and see it?

I was disappointed by Chicken Run :chicken: - it was incredibly clever and well done, but not very entertaining...

And I agree 100% about 'The Incredibles' - that had some truly brilliant moments in it. I particularly remember the shot of Mr Incredible sitting sadly jammed into his tiny car, and the way his shoulders went up and down as he sighed. The amount of emotion packed into such a simple scene just made me want to give up or accept that I would be second division at best...

(Course, the ego came back a bit later! :thumbsup: !)

Nick

ColinCohen
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Funny, I didn't like the shorts, but I loved this film. Tremendous fun.

Meaty
10-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I thought it was great... there IS a reason why it has a 94% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes!!! Too funny!

Dodgy
10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
I just went to see it and I loved it :) Might be a bit slow compared to a lot of films nowadays, it has much more of an 80's feel to it, like American Werewolf :)
Still, I never found it boring.
Thumbs up :)

newsvixen8
10-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Starbase1, don't let us discourage you from seeing it. Although it didn't satisfy completely, it's still Aardman, and it still has moments of brilliance that I will review and hopefully learn from.

cresshead
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
like i said it's okay but made for the usa market so it's not as english as all the other wallace n gromit films...

hey...made a brother for gromit!

ralf!....

:thumbsup:

Sande
10-19-2005, 06:37 AM
I really liked it. :) I think it was even better than Incredibles (which was, well, incredible). Hard to compare actually - it was so refreshing to watch something else than pure CGI-rendering for a change...

digital verve
10-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Four of us who saw it the other night together loved it and left the cinema with that feel good factor. In other words it was "Excellent" imho and I think they did a good job translating from the short film to feature film format. I didn't think it was americanised, though it's been a year or so since I last saw a W&G short to compare. :)

Matt
10-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Aw! Does this mean I should not go and see it?

I was disappointed by Chicken Run :chicken: - it was incredibly clever and well done, but not very entertaining...

And I agree 100% about 'The Incredibles' - that had some truly brilliant moments in it.

I loved the incredibles too, didn't think much to chicken run story and jokes, the animation was cool though.

might wait for the dvd of were rabbit

starbase1
10-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Hi Matt - we had another LW gathering in London yesterday - planning on coming to the next one?

Nick

HowardM
10-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey, I want in Nick! :D too bad I didnt know about yesterday...

BTW, Wallace and Grommit rocks! It was hilarious, cute, funny and has a great animaition style! Grommits expressions are so funny, and the characters were great!
I love Nick Parks stuff, but I have to say Chicken Run was too americanized and I didnt enjoy it... :p