PDA

View Full Version : OT - VUE Infinite installation

MiniFireDragon
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
I was wondering if any of you, after installing VUE Infinite got this message:

Vue 5 cannot be started. Please reinstall the application.

And if so, how did you fix it. I know the cd works, or did work because the 1st thing I did is run home with it (since it was a friday) and installed it on my home PC just to play with it (really wanted to see if I had the serial problem I read so much about). It went in flawlessly. I registered no problem. It even updated itself and I spend a couple hours tinkering with it. I then uninstalled it (EULA agreement states it can only be installed on one hard disk at a time. :( ). Now at my office I am trying to install the software and I get the error listed above!. I ran all my updates on the PC. I reinstalled DirectX 9.0c and the nvidia software drivers. Still no go. I even played with screen rez and colors (True and High colors). I justed posted my problem at e-online and it says to expect a response in the next 48 hours. I got work I need to get done before thsoe 48 hours so I was hoping for some help from someone who may have had this problem.

Oh, I even downloaded and ran the update. And it complained that I installed the update and said:

Vue 5 cannot be started. This version of Vue 5 has been updated. Do you want to cancel the last update?

So I am really baffled now.

gjjackson
10-17-2005, 02:29 PM
You may check for a vue file in the %systemroot% directory and delete and retry from there.

digitalmusing
08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I have had this same problem with vue 6 xstream recently and I can't figure out what in the world is causing it. I've deleted the vue reg entry but it doesn't help. Any ideas?