PDA

View Full Version : LW 7.5 Layout Crashes

jsanders
10-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Hello,

I am have problems with Lightwave 7.5 Layout crashing when opening a scene file. Layout opens fine and opens other scenes fine. But the scene I am working on opens completely and then instantly I get the error box...

"lightwav.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." with Send Error Report or Don't Send button options.

All the objects open in a different scene. I'm not sure if this is a program error or a file error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Sanders

Silkrooster
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Open the lws file with a text editor and see if something does not look right. Perhaps the scene is using a shader or a plugin you no longer are using. Maybe you are running out of ram try reducing the image resolution on textures or removing some of the objects from the scene file. If you do edit the scene file, make sure you make a backup copy first.
Before loading the scene, you could try disabling the opengl textures in the display panel. As images are created for opengl when the file is loading if there is any present.
If you don't have any problems with others seeing the scene, perhaps you could upload the scene for us to test out.
Silk

Panikos
10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Check if you have MorphMixer.

If you have, send me a private msg