PDA

View Full Version : LScript (record feature)

Kuzey
02-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure if this has been requested before...but something like AppleScript would be so cool :p

Say Proton, hits the record button and then proceeds to make a wonderful model. He then saves it as an LScript....what we have is a fantastic way to learn.

Run the LScript and watch as the model gets built in real time and on your own computer...beats downloading 65mb movies ;)

We'll also need a pause button, so people can run it for a few steps and then follow the tutorial on a different layer.

Just thinking out loud :D

Kuzey

Tom Winnicki
02-16-2003, 01:33 AM
I was actually thinking about this before. Sounds like another great reason to integrate. If we could have master script architecture in Modeler and some mouse recording and moving functions in addition to the ability to automate mouse clicks over buttons and popup menus, etc. then writing such a recorder would be a breeze. Now imagine Layout and Modeler (and maybe even Aura) totally integrated (and I don't mean into a single EXE you [email protected]#$%^& separtists). It would be possible to record tutorials which include every single step of a production, from start to finish. Every single modeling, texture painting and mapping, rigging, animating, compositing, post production, etc. etc. step could be recorded and played back.

And what are separtists' reasons not to integrate?
1 - "But I can model and render at the same time blah blah blah..."
2 - "blah blah blah... but an integrated app would require more RAM."
3 - 'blah blah blah..."

All meaningless, especially the third one.