PDA

View Full Version : UV mapping overshooting boundary

MrChristopherSL
10-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I've got a strange mapping problem. I've got a sphere that I've separated into 3 UV mapping regions, the top, middle, and bottom.

When I select say the middle UV region and assing a surface to it, the edges of that region don't stay inside the polygons. Triangles of the material go into the other regions for some reason.

I can't figure out how to post an image in my post or else I'd attach an image.

Thanks,

Chris

Silkrooster
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, lets start with posting images as that is the easiest. :D When posting a message scroll the window down to additional options. Where it says attach files, click on manage attachments. A small window will open click browse to search your hard drive for the file, notice the extentions that can be used not all file formats can be uploaded. Once you find the file and click open, then you need to click upload. Once the upload is done, you can close the window. There is also a file size limit on the uploaded file.

Now back to LW, Change one of the windows to UV Texture, I usually use top, but that is a personal preference. You can select the uv map and resize it in this window to get it to fit your object, try to stay with in the background square. If you need to resize a portion of the uv map, depending on the version of LW you have it may be necessary to unweld the points to resize then weld point when you are done. If you have 8.3 you should not have to do this anymore.
Hope this helps,
Silk

MrChristopherSL
10-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Ok, thanks for the help about attaching images. I've attached an image showing how chunks of the texture are bleeding onto other UV segments.

Thanks,

Chris

Silkrooster
10-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Select the offending polygons and use clear map. It is at MAP>GENERAL>CLEAR MAP
Silk

Dodgy
10-17-2005, 03:51 AM
It's best to unweld those polys too before clearing, as it might clear the map from the polys attached to them.

MrChristopherSL
10-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Well, I tried unwelding the points at the top and bottom of the map, but it also caused the mesh to unwel so the subdivision became wonky.

I did find that once I applied a new surface to the top and bottom polygon gorups, the blue triangles disappeared. Previously I had only applied a material to the center polygons.

Thanks,

Chris