PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to get an 8.5 patch?

Surrealist.
10-15-2005, 09:01 PM
There are some issues with 8.5 that I would like to know if we are going to get a patch.

One that came up that was fairly agreed on by many people is the display issue with the path edit tool. I actually like to uise this but it is almost invisable now making its use questionalble at best.

There are a few other things too.

Is NT taking stalk of these things that are broken now and are we going to get a fix?

Thanks

mkiii
10-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Yes. You can guarantee that we will get a fix.

The big question is whether or not it will be in 8.51 or in 9.0.

JML
10-16-2005, 05:55 AM
yes, same for LW7 , LW8 user will get patch before and maybe after LW9 is out. (8.5b)

I think patch 7.5c and 7.5d came out when LW8 was out already.
for those, they did not add any features, just fix bugs..

toby
10-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Actually some of my favorite features were added in 7.5c, Surface Mixer and Surface Thickness Gradient. It also featured Spline-amation. I think 7.5b and 7.5d were bug fixes, d coming out after [8] -

Surrealist.
10-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Yes. You can guarantee that we will get a fix.

The big question is whether or not it will be in 8.51 or in 9.0.

Exactly. I am hoping the former. :)

mkiii
10-24-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm also not going to buy 9.0 just to fix bugs that were introduced in 8.5 because bugs like this have a nasty habit of being dismissed as user error, bad drivers or incompatible hardware, (even though it worked just fine the day before installing the upgrade), and not getting fixed.

Newtek should really take note that this is a serious bug for a bunch of people no matter how much others protest that there is no problem.

ACLOBO
10-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey MKiii...

I think you mentioned that you rolled back to the 8.3 version of modeler... Were you able to still use some of the new features like Multishift and the new selection tools - next loop, prev loop and select nth?

I have been thinking of rolling back to 8.3 as well, but would like to be able to use some of these new features. Seems to me that the best solution would be for NEWTEK to give us a 8.5.1 patch soon - but I think they are probably betting on most just shoveling out money for 9 and hope that things will be addressed then. Frankly, I love lightwave, but I will not be getting 9 either to just fix bugs - no matter how cool it is. I have been a registered user of LW since version 3.5 on the Amiga. I am going to take a hard look at 9 and if it isn't everything it promises to be in a nice tidy and fully functional package, this long time user of LW will probably start looking at other apps....

-Adrian

:thumbsdow

mkiii
10-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes. Multishift & the extra keystrokes are working. I haven't tried the selection stuff - didn't even notice it.

I just replaced the modeler.exe file (actually, I have both versions present, and shortcuts for each).

The main reason for me doing this is to get rid of the OGL display problems.