PDA

View Full Version : DDR's not playing videos smoothly during transitions...

podro
10-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Running 4.5 on 2.8 dual xeons with 2 gigs of RAM.

I just upgraded from VT3, and I'm having problems switching between two ddr's with videos playing. In the ddr's are looping moving backgrounds.

When I dissolve from ddr1- with the video running, to ddr2- cue in is pressed so video will start automatically, it will switch to the second video, and start the video for about one second, then the image freezes for about 2 seconds, then the video plays fine.

This also happens when switching to other videos I created, not just the jumpbacks.

During this time, the T-bar on the switcher module holds at the bottom, until the glitch happens, once the glitch happens, it pops back to the top, and the switcher has now switched inputs. This glitch happens when switching to any input from a ddr running a video. So it seems like the VT is taking time to stop the video.

This worked fine when VT3 was installed.

SBowie
10-16-2005, 11:12 AM
You might, as one thing to try, boosting the "DDR Resource Useage" setting in Prefs.

chribba
10-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I might have bumped in to this when i was demoing the VT4.5 for a friend... The only thing i could point to was that it was DV format and captured way back with VT3... I renderd out the same video to RTV format.. and then they played back nice in sepatate DDR with all kinds of DVE´s...

Chribba

podro
10-17-2005, 09:42 AM
ok...

if CUE IN is pressed on the ddr's with videos that I'm transitioning between, there is the glitch. However, if one video is set to play and loop without CUE IN pressed, it transitions fine between the two ddr's, even when the other one still has CUE IN pressed.

podro
01-01-2006, 05:45 AM
This problem was fixed with the upgrade to 4.6.

Thanks Newtek!