PDA

View Full Version : Locked Plug-in?

spec24
10-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I got a message that I cannot delete a certain plug-in because it is locked. I have never see nthis and have no idea how to get rid of the lock. Anyone know?

ACLOBO
10-13-2005, 09:32 PM
HEy tehre Spec... I have had a similar thing happen in lightwave when dealing with objects of mine. I sometimes will load in an object (rarely, but has happened) and then when I go to edit it, it says the object cannot be edited as it is locked. A cold reboot may fix the problem. worst case scenario, I had to uninstall, delete all config files and reinstall (with cold boots) to get things working right again. It is something that has only happened to me a couple of times, but that is really a couple of times too many when I don't recall having done anything wrong. Could be a windows issue and not a lightwave one.

-Adrian

Exper
10-14-2005, 02:32 AM
I got a message that I cannot delete a certain plug-in because it is locked.Cos you're Scene is using the plugin somewhere. ;)

spec24
10-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Cos you're Scene is using the plugin somewhere. ;)

You'd think "clear scene" would make that go away. Oh well. I restarted LW and the plugin was gone - interestingly enough - I then reloaded it and all was fine. Thanks!