PDA

View Full Version : G4 Powerbook and Lightwave...?

stickball
10-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi. I'm brand new to this forum, so please forgive me if this has been covered previously. I just purchased Lightwave 8.3 for the first time and went to install it on my G4 Powerbook, 1GB, 1gh, 17". I attached the dongle.The installation never got past the install page. Just before that, I upgraded the Powerbook to 10.4 from 10.3.9. Does anyone have any ideas why I got stuck, other than bad karma...?

Thanks.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Do you have it installed on another computer? I think you can just move the Lightwave application folder and the /Library/Frameworks/Eve3.framework folder and it'll work without an installation, but I'm not sure.

stickball
10-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Do you have it installed on another computer? I think you can just move the Lightwave application folder and the /Library/Frameworks/Eve3.framework folder and it'll work without an installation, but I'm not sure.
Nope. This is right out of the box, never used before. I'm wondering if either a) the software "requires a G5", rathre than recomends a G5, or b) the disk is bad.

finenance
10-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I have Lightwave installed on my Powerbook G4 17 1.67ghz and also on my desktop G5. The install on my powerbook was no problem but I had trouble with the Lightwave excepting the license which cause it to run it in demo mode with the dongal plug in. That was simply fix by just copying the license key from the Lightwave folder of my G5 and pasting it into my powerbook. I May be leaving out details but it work for me.

allanBook
10-16-2005, 12:54 PM
or b) the disk is bad.
I'm not sure you haven't done so already, but I would suggest contacting NewTek and asking for a replacement disk.
I had an issue with the 8.3 disk set they sent to me and they shipped out a working replacement pretty fast.

marlo.steed
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
I am using the exact same computer and setup without a problem but I have been upgrading over time, so I have not had to do a clean install. ...confim that - bad karma.