PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Cloth and F9

DC777
10-13-2005, 12:30 PM
So since I am a noob to all this, I think I am doing something wrong but it just seems so basic. I have a Subpatched polygon with fixed points at top...I apply cloth... I add a wind object... all is well...I calculate....all looks good......I then goto a frame and FPrime the frame...still all looks good the wind has taken effect, the piece of cloth reacts....great shot......now the problem arises when I do an F9 render it resets the cloth to original position as if I never calculated and renders the frame that way. All the while FPrime is rendering what I see with the calculated wind.

Whats up with that...

swpspce
10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
So since I am a noob to all this, I think I am doing something wrong but it just seems so basic. I have a Subpatched polygon with fixed points at top...I apply cloth... I add a wind object... all is well...I calculate....all looks good......I then goto a frame and FPrime the frame...still all looks good the wind has taken effect, the piece of cloth reacts....great shot......now the problem arises when I do an F9 render it resets the cloth to original position as if I never calculated and renders the frame that way. All the while FPrime is rendering what I see with the calculated wind.

Whats up with that...

have you added keyframes? This happened to me, then I realised that I had switched off Auto Keyframe (and I forgot to add the keyframe manually) and as such lost the composition when I hit F9 (everything resets)

hope this helps

Celshader
10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
...now the problem arises when I do an F9 render it resets the cloth to original position as if I never calculated and renders the frame that way. All the while FPrime is rendering what I see with the calculated wind.

Whats up with that...

You might have to use "Save Motion" to bake your calculation out as an *.MDD file before you can render it. A friend of mine had this problem with ParticleFX -- he had to bake his calculation out first as a *.PFX file before he could render it.

DC777
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
That seems interesting as I have not had to bake anything before just to render a keyframe, and a keyframe that FPRIME was seeing correctly, F9 reset the scene as if I never calculated.

The crazy issue is that it only happens on my one machine at work, at home with the same process the F9 works.
Go figure does anybody have any ideas what is going on here.

Thank you,

-DC777

drclare
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this. I had the exact same problem. The solution was to make sure that the subdivision order for the object was set to last. That way it will subdivide after the cloth deformation. I've noticed that often when LW subdivides before any other deformations rendering will get screwed up somehow. Hope that will fix it for you.