PDA

View Full Version : Conversation subtitle making problem!

Cauchy
10-13-2005, 06:31 AM
I need to add conversation subtitles for each of my movies, the amount is huge, does anyone know about the best solution for the efficiency way to add subtitles. By now, the only way to do this is making a .tga file for each line in VT or Photoshop. Does anyone know a solution could effectly and efficiencily to add subtitles for my huge amount of movies.

chribba
10-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Thatīs why i wanted a new tool for VT it could pretime every subtitle,lower third or any CG you would like to have... when used in a live switch you would have to choose if you want a clean feed of video with transisions and wipes but the CG left out or if the CG should be burn in the recording.

Only ideas of how it could look...

Thanks
chribba

jport
10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
i've done a cople of these and the most effecient way for me is this:

1) flatten or subproject your audio track.
2) with your script or transcription, go through the audio track and drop markers on the in and out of your narration. show the breaks on your script.
3) break your script accordingly on a word processor. format your sentence to reflect 1 or 2 lines. keep it to a single sentence at a time.
4) in photoshop set-up a lower-thirds template by dragging out a "marquee text box" the length of the graphic safety. this is very important because it will auto return any text pasted into this box.
5) if your fortunate enough to have a dual monitor set-up open your wordprocessor on one screen and photoshop on the other. the copy text from your wordprocessor and paste in photoshop. save files sequencially, Subtitle001, Subtitle002, etc. i would recommend saving as .png
6)Drag all files into VT in the order you want. then use Edit to markers this should line your text perfectly.

hope this helps. And good luck.