PDA

View Full Version : Question: Demo Version 8.5 and LW64?

private
10-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi, Folks!

When we made the decision to make the 64-bit version available on CD, it really seemed to us like the better way to go. Apparently, lots of folks would really prefer to have a download, so we gave it another thought...and we'll have a version for you to download shortly! The download should be ready in the next 24 to 48 hours, and we'll let you know officially that it's ready here in this forum. You'll be able to download LightWave 64 following the standard download procedure from NewTek or the partner site where you are registered.

For anyone who has already placed an order for the 8.5 Program CD Convenience Upgrade through our office in San Antonio, one of our friendly customer service reps will contact you to confirm your order and determine if you want us to proceed with processing or initiate a credit to your account.

That's good news. However, what about my friends that are interested in Lightwave.

Will the demo version of 8.5 or LW 64bit be available for download too? If not, why not?

Chuck
10-12-2005, 08:36 PM
On the sincere feeling that every now and then good news ought to be allowed to just be good news, rather than always turning into a soapbox for other issues, I've split the first off-topic inquiry that cropped up in the announcement thread quoted above, onto this new thread.

When we make such an announcement, if you have anything you want to ask or any comment to make about any other topic, please start a new thread on that topic.

To answer this question, there isn't a downloadable demo at the moment, but we have 32-bit demo version CDs available on request. We do plan to make a downloadable demo in the future, but that would be at or beyond the 9.0 release.

gjjackson
10-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I can't believe all the outcry. Sure I'll download it. I'll also take the CD so I wouldn't have to download it at another time. Hey NT, you'd better beef up your servers. :)

Jockomo
10-12-2005, 10:46 PM
... but we have 32-bit demo version CDs available on request. We do plan to make a downloadable demo in the future, but that would be at or beyond the 9.0 release.

That's great news Chuck!
But why don't you guys have that right up on the front page?

I hope you guys realize that many of us who are clamoring for a demo version already have lightwave and only want to see it succeed more in the market.
We are voluntary part time salesmen for Newtek, often trying to turn people on to the program. But without a demo for people to try out, the conversation usually ends with, "well that sounds pretty cool". Now I usually refer people who want to get into 3d to check out blender. Put a demo somewhere that I can point people to and I'll gladly send em to that instead.

Nemoid
10-13-2005, 03:57 AM
At least, i'd put in the website that users can order a demo CD from Nt as this is a good info.

i remember my Lw 7.5 arrived in just a week from france. :thumbsup: but i have to say I was pointed to a page from a friend working at DBline italian distributor to order it.

then, Lw 9.0 downloadable demo is IMO required if New Tek wants to get more users.

i'd consider a bundle of the demo with some magazine too. :lwicon:

Exper
10-13-2005, 04:49 AM
Why do NT think that a demo-cd is better than a download? Never understood. :question:

I personally know people (a plenty) which never tried LW just for the lack of a "click and download" demo.

As the story goes... hoping for a real LW 9 donwload-demo. :goodluck:

coremi
10-13-2005, 07:52 AM
everywhere u check there is a cracked version of Lightwave, Max, Maya, XSI, Houdini, whatever software u want in the world.

I went 2 days ago at Microsoft resseler conference, their point of doing bussines is great for them. Don't kill the pirate, convince him it is better to be legit. So please put a demo online again, there is no way Lightwave will not get cracked, so demo will not increase the availability of cracked Lightwave, will only increase selling of Lightwave.