PDA

View Full Version : Proper Genlock path

jsanfilippo
10-12-2005, 08:25 PM
It is fairly simple to hook up the genlock on the CCU's - you take an output from the VT, bring it in to the first CCU's genlock in, loop out from the gen out to the gen in of the second CCU and so on and so forth. Make sure all the termination switches (little switches next to the genlock BNC's) are set to off - EXCEPT for the last CCU. That has to be set to 75 ohms. That will correctly terminate the circuit.

If you're not using projectors/big screens, genlock becomes less of a consideration.

The preceding quote is from a thread earlier this year, originally about using CCUs.

My question is this....

Should genlock start AT VT4.5 and then go to each CCU, scope, deck, etc.

Or, since I have an external black burst generator, am I better to lock everything, INCLUDING VT4.5, to the BBG. There are 4 outs on the BBG.... 1 could go to VT, 1 looping through CCUs, 1 to scopes, 1 to recording deck.

What is the better solution??

JReble
10-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Yup, do that. You can also put one output of your BBG on a distribution amp to get more BB signals for your gear. You're always better to sync to a dedicated burst signal that stays on and stable 24/7.