PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 8.5 + BodyPaint 3D= ZERO!

finenance
10-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Anybody having trouble with these combo's? My objects won't Exchange. I guess I'll just switch back being that there is no BIG MAC DiFFerence!

mkiii
10-13-2005, 05:04 AM
It's working OK for Me (on PC / WinXP)

Do you get the error 'Cant create exchange file'?

If you do, this is usually because the folder /file has been copied to a new location. Deleting the B3dExchange.cfg file should sort out that problem.

This file is usually in the root of your project, above the Objects & Images folders.

Also make doubly sure that your Bodypaint Prefs is pointing to the correct location for the executable file, whether it is Cinema4d or Bodypaint Standalone.

finenance
10-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Okay, What Part of Heaven did you come from. Maxon couldn't help me with this and you figured it out for me. Forums are the real tech support. I just started to get acustom to bodyPaint and can't live without now. It only sat on dock bar for 5 months before I had enough balls to click and figure it out and what a difference. Im ready to pick up the upgrade, have you had the chance to fool around with it yet.

mkiii
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Nahh.. I just like to fiddle wid suff :0

As for BP 2.5 I just got it the other day. It looks much the same overall, but the additional Photoshop layer filters are a godsend ( I tend to do all my texturing with .psd files now, when using BP, so this is ideal.

There are a few other things that seem to be improved. It may be my imagination, but it seems faster. The paint tools seem a bit more responsive, and projection paint seems to handle seams better.

Painting or cloning across seams is always a pita, but they do seem to have improved it. I think the UV mapping has been improved, but I do my UV mapping in modeler, so I don't use that.

As for the rest, I haven't had chance to investigate fully, but I'm sure there are more goodies hiding in there.

It's a pretty cheap upgrade, so go for it I say.