PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Announcement: Did someone say, "Download LightWave 64..."?

Chuck
10-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi, Folks!

When we made the decision to make the 64-bit version available on CD, it really seemed to us like the better way to go. Apparently, lots of folks would really prefer to have a download, so we gave it another thought...and we'll have a version for you to download shortly! The download should be ready in the next 24 to 48 hours, and we'll let you know officially that it's ready here in this forum. You'll be able to download LightWave 64 following the standard download procedure from NewTek or the partner site where you are registered.

For anyone who has already placed an order for the 8.5 Program CD Convenience Upgrade through our office in San Antonio, one of our friendly customer service reps will contact you to confirm your order and determine if you want us to proceed with processing or initiate a credit to your account.

GregMalick
10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Even though I'm not ready to take advantage of LW64 - I think :newtek: has really gone out of their way to satisfy their customers.

Here in Hawaii, we call that "The Spirit of Aloha". :)

groove660
10-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Excelent! But just for the record i was fine with paying $40 for it.

Cheers

Elmar Moelzer
10-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey Chuck!
Thats awesome!
I was ahppy to spend those 40USD, but I think a lot of people here will be very, very happy to hear that they can download it now as well if they want to.
All I can say is that NewTek is once again showing how much they care for their customers!
You guys rock!
CU
Elmar

Silkrooster
10-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Excellent to here. Too bad I don't have a 64-bit system to take advantage of it.
Silk

n0s4ra2
10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi chuck I was wondering how to order the 64 bit version as I have been in the hospital and now in a hotel next to it with a 56 k connection?
I have lw8.

Chuck
10-12-2005, 09:42 PM
You can order here on the website or you can call the sales number and place an order. On the top menu bar above the forum use either Customer Care or Buy Now.

wellsichris
10-12-2005, 10:27 PM
That's great news. I was wondering how I was going to get $40 out of my boss :twak: after he just spent lots of money on software. $40 isn't much but getting him to buy anything is like pulling teeth, So this will be great.

Thanks

IgnusFast
10-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi, Folks!

When we made the decision to make the 64-bit version available on CD, it really seemed to us like the better way to go. Apparently, lots of folks would really prefer to have a download, so we gave it another thought...and we'll have a version for you to download shortly! The download should be ready in the next 24 to 48 hours, and we'll let you know officially that it's ready here in this forum. You'll be able to download LightWave 64 following the standard download procedure from NewTek or the partner site where you are registered.

For anyone who has already placed an order for the 8.5 Program CD Convenience Upgrade through our office in San Antonio, one of our friendly customer service reps will contact you to confirm your order and determine if you want us to proceed with processing or initiate a credit to your account.

CRAP! Does this mean I have to stop bitching?!?!?!?

Earned bow and handshake given. :)

n0s4ra2
10-13-2005, 12:02 AM
I donít see it on the order page?
All I need is the upgrade to LightWave 64 . I have already ordered the upgrade to nine. And thatís al I am seeing on the order page. Well that and 8.
Any help?

gjjackson
10-13-2005, 05:56 AM
If you're wanting the 64 CD it's at the very bottom of the page. Next to it says $29

kml12
10-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks NT :beerchug:

Signal to Noise
10-13-2005, 08:01 AM
I would love to get the 64-bit version. But I don't even know what I need as far as hardware goes to build a 64-bit system. I've been doing some research but am still a bit of a loss on the whole thing... :confused:

howardt
10-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks very much, I was hoping NewTek would do this. It is a good company that reconsiders its decisions in the light of consumer response.

I'm ready for 64-bit LightWave but the $40 and the short time before LW 9 had me deciding to forgo 8.5 and just wait for 9. This has changed my decision.

n0s4ra2
10-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry to be a pain. But it isnít there. For me
I am going to buying now then clicking the United States option. I would rather order on line.

And a special thanks to whom ever had the 3 x lightwave shirts made. Thanks for thinking of us big guys.

Brianthreedee
10-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Chuck and all the hard working folk at Newtek, all I can say is thank you for putting the customer first!

It's rare in this day and age to find a company that is willing to stand on it own merrits and standards and treat the customer like a person.

You guys and gals at Newtek have really raised the bar for the rest of the industry to follow.

Thank you all! :lightwave :beerchug:

Brianthreedee

Zane Condren
10-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Here is the Link:

http://www.newtek.com/buynow/index.php?target=lightwave

It is at the bottom of the list, you must supply your serial number before adding it to your cart.

n0s4ra2
10-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Thank you
This is the link itís not showing on
http://www.newtek.com/buynow/index.php

Thanks again I ordering now

JamesCurtis
10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Just wondering, I'm not planning on going 64bit for awhile, but can I still download the 64bit version for future use and still be able to use my 32bit LW I have now in the meantime?